Besides "extendend family", how else can we call our cousins, grandparents and uncles/aunts?
May 3, 2019 10:34 PM
Comments · 3
You could use the word relatives. If I were talking about having extended family over to my home I'd say, "My relatives are coming over for a visit."
May 4, 2019
Hi, I'm a native English speaker and I can't think of another way to refer to people outside of the nuclear family besides "extended family". 
May 4, 2019
I agree with "relatives", and would add that we can talk about one side of our family or the other: "my dad's [side of the] family" or "my mom's [side of the] family" for the respective sets of people.

<em>We had vacations with my mom's side of the family when I was a kid. </em>

May 4, 2019