From your Chinese, in a poetic way.
中文:
当我第一次梦见你的时候,你就像一盏灯。
When I first saw you in my dream, a candle/light/lamp you are to me.
我就像一个孩子,当我在黑暗中看见你,就开心的向你跑去。
A child that I was, In darkness when I see you, I'll run to you in joy.
你无法想象,我翻过多少山,跃过多少岭。
Never can you have imagined, how many hills I had scaled, how many ranges I had treaded.
只为了,还有一丝微暖,能照在我红肿的脚踝上。
For a little warmth, my poor swollen ankle in your light.
每当我困惑的时候,看见身后的你,便可充满自信。
Such is my confidence set aglow upon seeing you in my hour of fatigue.
哪怕我不安的指着前方问你,你却还是给了我这个世上最宽广的微笑。
Shamelessly I asked of you, Nary did you give me a winsome smile.
你经历过太多昼夜寒暑,我看到橱窗中风化的书,不禁为你感到更加自豪。
Many a summer and winter you have gone through,
But upon seeing the dusty books in the bookcase,
How could I not feel proud?
你也许不是最美的,可你把最好的给了我。
Though you may not be the prettiest of them all,
You gave me nothing but the best.
坐拥江边,码头有船鸣,路上车喧嚣。琴房楼一颗颗坚定的心,不动摇。
Sitting by Yantze's bank,
Hooting boats in the wharf,
Nosily the traffic goes in the road,
Waver not, in the zither room of my determined heart.
无论走到哪里,我们永远是你的孩子。
No matter where you go,
Forever, a child I am to you.
Good ode. You should join our little group, "A Poet's Soul".



