- 길: a road, way, path, route, trail, journey, a means, method.
- 거리: a street or streets where automobiles and people pass by.
길 is very widely used, in both physical and abstract sense, like "way" and "road" in English combined into one.
It also commonly features in literature, movies and songs as a metaphor for "life".
- 서울 가는 길은 멀다: It is a long road to Seoul.
- 우리 모두에게는 가야 할 길이 있다: We each have our own journey to travel.
- 이것이 최선의 길인지 모르겠다: I am not sure if this is the best way.
- 뜻이 있는 곳에 길이 있다: Where there is a will, there is a way.
- 도서관 가는 길에 친구를 만났다: I met a friend on my way to the library.
- 제주도까지는 한 시간 뱃길이다: It is an hour's sailing to the Jeju island.
- 일요일 오후라서 거리는 한산했다: The streets were deserted as it was Sunday afternoon.