Matheus
Could anyone help me? I've been studying a grammar book in English and I just wrote some exercises. Is it right these exercises? *Among and Between* 1) The king was among the crowd. 2) You can take a sit between that woman and that man. 3) Your cup of coffee is that one which is between the carton of juice, the can of soda and a jar of water. *Until and Throughout* 4) Obama is the president of the United States until December 2016. 5) The boy has been sleeping throughout the class. Thanks a lot!
#2 "You can take a seat..."
Is it right these exercises? --- not a great sentence Were my answers to these exercises correct? Take a SEAT. Not take a sit. #3 - you could take out "which is" and it would still make sense. also, you would need to say THE jug of water because you are referencing a SPECIFIC jug of water. It has be a specific one b/c you are stating its placement in relation to other things.
Are these exercises correct?*** 1) ok 2) ok 3) among - THE jar of water
Matheus
English, Portuguese