Professional Teacher
"tope de mueble" in English? Hello Everybody, How do you say "tope de mueble" in English? It is a small object that you put on furniture to prevent them from moving. What do you think would be a safe translation if you don't have the specific word? In the case of doors I found "doorstop", but I don't know if tha works for other kind of furniture Here is an image, Thanks in advance,
Jan 22, 2017 1:27 PM
Answers · 6
I'd go with 'coaster' A coaster primarily protects the floor from scratches from the legs. The coasters are plastic with a short ridge. Your picture showed coasters. Felt pads have the same function but are simply called felt pads or floor protectors.
January 22, 2017
Ah, you mean under each furniture leg? We would call them "floor protectors" or "carpet protectors".
January 22, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!