Professional Teacher
Glass item names on table'? Hello, I am looking for a possible translation for the glass item that you find on different types of tables. In my language, we can just say "vidrio de mesa". Most commonly it refers to the "table top", but how about console tables and coffee tables? Can I say something like "glass coffee table top"? What would be a safe translation? Thanks,
Jan 24, 2017 2:13 AM
Answers · 1
I think the phrase you want is "a glass tabletop." In English, we have the compound word, "tabletop," spelled without a hyphen. In the case of a coffee table, if you wanted to replace a broken one, you would need "a glass tabletop for a coffee table." If you wanted a furniture store to help you find one, you would ask for "a coffee table with a glass top" or "a glass-topped coffee table."
January 24, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!