How do I have to say this... Asistente en la cátedra de Informática Educativa. I'm really confused with the correct word, I don't know which word I have to use for 'cátedra' because I have seen differents. In Spanish, 'Cátedra' means something like the subject but in a university context. Is there a specific word which means that? Or it's ok if I say 'subject'. Thanks in advance.
Jan 27, 2017 5:15 PM
Answers · 9
Might 'faculty' work?
January 27, 2017
Can you tell me what this person does? Do they teach classes? Are they the only person who teaches classes? Do they work in the office (secretary?)? Are they the most important person? Are they long term (years) or short term (only working there for a month or so)? If we can figure out what this person does, we can figure out what they'd be called.
January 27, 2017
In the U.K. Or Canada, "faculty" is common. In the U.S., it would usually be department or school. "Faculty" would be for a group of related subjects, like all the different kinds of engineering. So would "school". For a single or more closely related group of subjects, like just "mechanical engineering", it would be "department".
January 27, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!