Professional Teacher
What do you call this tool? Hello everybody, I wonder how you say "chuzo" in English. In Chile, it is a pointed metal stick used for digging holes, especially in areas where you can't do it with a spade. Here is an image of people working with a "chuzo". Thanks in advance,
Feb 13, 2017 10:28 PM
Answers · 4
In England we'd call that a bar or a crowbar but I believe in America it would be called a digging bar.
February 13, 2017
Thanks Jerry. Yeah, they are really exhausting, but specially helpful for really hard areas.
February 14, 2017
I own one of these. This tool is called a Johnson Bar in American English. It is a type of crowbar. A classic crowbar has one curved end while the other end is flattened for prying. By the way, Johnson bars are heavy and are exhausting to use for digging!
February 14, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!