What does 何年生の時に、どんな学部で何を専攻したいか先生に聞かれましたか mean? I tried to translate it into "What grade were you in when your teacher asked you what you wanted to major in and in what department?" but I'm not a native speaker of English myself, let alone translate Japanese
Nov 15, 2017 1:53 PM
Answers · 1
Hello, To answer your question, what is 「何年生の時に、どんな学部で何を専攻したいか先生に聞かれましたか 」 in English? I would say (in English): "What year were you in, as a college student (university student), when your professor (teacher) asked you what subject (graduate course) you wanted to major in? 学部 specifically refers to college/university 'graduate course or department (area) of study' So that's how (why) it translates into English in the above way. Hope that helps.
November 15, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!