[Deactivated user]
lamp or light? post or pole? A street light pole fell on a car, or a light post fell on a car? or a lamp pole/post fell on a car. are they all interchangable?
Nov 23, 2017 5:41 PM
Answers · 3
Hello Padasak, From a British English point of view we would call it a lamp post. Best wishes Bob
November 23, 2017
As the others have suggested, this is something that is different between British and American English. Despite what we would naturally use, we all usually understand what is meant.
November 24, 2017
I would say A street light fell on the car.
November 23, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!