about "hair cut places" in the USA and in other countries (UK, Australia) Hi dear English speakers. I have a question. I am watching a video from You Tube where a Russian guy in Thailand is searching where he might have his hair cut. I thought, how do you call those "hair cut" places in your countries as native speakers? My dictionary shows me several nouns at the same time, and those ones are: - barber - barber's - barber's shop - barbershop - hairdresser's parlor - hairdressing salon Could you tell me wchich of them do you really use in your own country and is there any difference in using them for men or women there? Thank you in advance.
Dec 2, 2017 4:00 PM
Answers · 2
In the UK I suppose it varies from region to region and person to person but for me the first four are normal names for male haircut places. I also use the word hairdressers, but that tends to be more of a place for women. Hairdressing salon or salon are ok too. parlour is rarely / never used. Personally it is barber's or sometimes hairdressers for men and haidressers and sometimes salon for women.
December 2, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!