About "blockage of earwax" and "drip" - for native English speakers 1 . What would you normally call a blockage of earwax in the ear? A blockage in the ear? (In Danish we use the same word as we use for a plug or a cork) 2. Do you say" to drip your ears" or "to put drops in your ears"? (for instance to prevent build-up of earwax) Thanks for your help!
Dec 3, 2017 3:55 PM
Answers · 4
In Danish would you express it as the equivalent of 'I have a blockage in my ear'? Sinead's answers are all good and perfectly correct but they sound a little I don't know, technical, I guess. I'm just thinking of what I would say if this were to occur to me and I would say: My ears are blocked with wax. Using a different structure. Or even, I might just say 'I have wax in my ear.' It's understood what you mean when you say that.
December 3, 2017
Hi Mikkel, 1. We'd usually call this a "earwax buildup" or "earwax blockage" or "buildup of earwax". This can cause an earache (pain in your ear). 2. You would "put drops in your ear" normally when you already have symptoms of a "build up of earwax" such as an earache. Hope this helps. Sinead
December 3, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!