Adjective Hi English speakers .what do you call a person learning many skills incompletely? I mean if he/she spends time to learn something then he/she becomes bored and starts another skill
Dec 4, 2017 9:00 PM
Answers · 3
I'm confused. Your title says "adjective" but your question asks for the name of the person, which would be a noun. adjective: unpersevering, unambitious, lazy, shiftless, loafing noun: dabbler, quitter, goof-off, slacker, loafer
December 5, 2017
A "jack of all trades" has an adequate knowledge of many areas but is not specialist in any. It's maybe more positive than what you had in mind. A "dabbler" tries different things but not seriously. It doesn't imply boredom but more lack of serious intent. You could say: "He/she is like a butterfly" as this metaphor expresses transience e.g. a social butterfly is someone who spends a few minutes talking to someone e.g. at a party, before moving on to the next person.
December 4, 2017
i think the word that you want it ... is not exist in any dictionary !!
December 4, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!