important Hey guys... what's the word that collocate with the word " fire" in meaning of " light the place around you " not for cooking or heating purposes... kindled, light, stoked ?!
Jun 18, 2019 5:54 AM
Answers · 4
You can use the verb 'light' or, less commonly, 'illuminate', to mean 'light the place around you'. For example, "In Victorian times, most houses were lit with gas lamps." We wouldn't use any phrase with 'fire' to talk about illumination.
June 18, 2019
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!