about the noisy sound you know I just want to describe the micro is a little could I say it like this: 1:I heard a noisy cacophony in your microphone. 2:I heard an intermittent noisy sound in your microphone. so I want to know how I can give a correct description of it very natively just like people in English speaking countries.
May 15, 2010 10:37 AM
Answers · 2
I think Deep Blue's answer is spot on - if you're speaking and it is not clear, too noisy, then you call that distortion. If you're not speaking and you hear noise, you call it "static" (if it is constant), or "crackle" (if it is intermittent). If you're not sure, just say "there is noise". A couple of extra notes: - "cacophony" is a rather formal word which means noise. I can tell you looked in a dictionary. ;-) It literally means "bad-sound" and refers to bad music or unorganised sounds (eg. busy traffic). - beware of using too many adjectives! "Intermittent noisy sound" is unnecessary. Just use "noise". Same for "noisy cacophony" - we already know cacophony is noisy. Start with the noun - if it makes sense, then no need for an adjective.
May 15, 2010
There is distortion in your microphone.
May 15, 2010
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!