How do you describe them and that kind of comments? Suppose you're with some friends and two of them(a girl and boy) are dating each other. They exchange some _______ comments like "You are the most amazing girl I've ever met and will be forever", "You're more hip than him(hollywood actor)". I tried to translate the Korean word and got some words like 'crawly', 'goose bumps' but I figure you say these only when you're scared. I used to sarcastically say "Go over there if you both want to play 'Seh-seh-seh'(a kids' play; always only two kids play it)... What do you say in this situation and how do you describe that kind of couple(exchanging those comments when they are with others)? Gross or what?@al: Yeah, I hear you say "Get a room, you two!" when a couple is sucking each other's face. So 'mushy couple' makes sense...? @romulus: Thanks. ;)@Peachey: Thanks, that's what I've been looking for!
May 18, 2010 5:23 AM
Answers · 3
You could call it "gooey". Like sweet goo (caramel?) but too much to tolerate. Like "you're such a gooey couple". The general idea of goo is that it's messy and sticky. ;)
May 18, 2010
In our country, we call it "cheesy"... and sometimes we tease them with a line: "niloloko ka lang n'yan (he's just fooling you)" or "Ii-iwan ka rin n'yan (he's gonna leave you in the end)". :)
May 18, 2010
I would go with "mushy", means overly sentimental. A common thing to say to two people who are acting that way in public: "Get a room!"
May 18, 2010
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!