How do you describe someone who takes everything coolly? BRSwartz, James, Serah, Nancy, Cherry, Asamichan, Richard, Eliot, James(again): Thanks a lot, I took the words you gave me down.
Jun 24, 2010 1:27 PM
Answers · 9
The most common term for this expression these days in the USA is to be "laid back". She is so "laid back". It means that no matter what happens, she almost never becomes upset or stressed. Sometimes someone can react without much feeling. This in pychological terms can be called "flat affect". Flat affect can be a sign of depression or disassociation (not feeling connected to events and things around you). But mostly, someone who is "laid back" is simply very "low-key" or "easy-going" (other words that mean the same thing). There is nothing wrong with them, in fact many people would like to be as "relaxed" as they are about life.
June 24, 2010
He's down to earth. ^^ (British)
June 24, 2010
You could also use: level-headed together (informal) sedate relaxed unfazed
June 24, 2010
A cool customer ;)
June 24, 2010
As cool as a cucumber A veritable Mr Fonz A real Mr Ice Cool Mr McCool from Coolsville, Tennessee Coolio So laid back he's horizontal
June 25, 2010
Show more
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!