*Please message me if you prefer a certain time for a lesson but do not see it available on my schedule. I will try my best to accommodate.
Hi, I was born in Hong Kong. I immigrated to Toronto, Canada, when I was 4 years old, and have been living here ever since then. I speak both Cantonese and Mandarin at home, so I can write and speak fluently in both English and Chinese. I am currently a part-time English tutor and a full-time qualifying Registered Psychotherapist. I have many interests, including learning new languages, travelling, sports, and music. I am currently learning Korean and am interested in Korean dramas and K-pop music.
Me as a Teacher
- I am TESOL-certified and have experience teaching both English and Chinese.
- In our lessons together, please feel free to talk about anything that you'd like or ask me any questions that you may have.
- If you have a job interview, a meeting, or a presentation coming up, we can practice these in our lessons together.
- We can also practice reading articles to improve your reading skills, vocabularies, grammar, and pronunciation.
- I have a variety of conversation topics that we can use to help you practice your speaking skills.
- I am looking forward to helping you improve your English and/or Chinese =D
My lessons & teaching style
- We can have free conversation to improve your speaking and listening skills.
- We can also read articles together to improve your reading skills, vocabularies, and pronunciation.
- If you have a job interview coming up, we can have a mock interview together.
- I am kind and patient. I have good observational skills, so I can let you know what you need to improve on and what you are already doing well at.
- I let you decide what you'd like to talk about and what you'd like to work on, because I believe you know yourself best.
- I am also open to any suggestions that you may have, regarding how you'd like me to work with you to better suit your learning style.
My teaching material
Articles and news
29 lessons completed
English Conversation Skills
A1 - C2Conversation Practice124 lessons completed
Package with 7% off
Based on your timezone (UTC+00:00)
2 English lessons
I didn't take the second lesson, because her father was sick, once I took a class with her , she is good !!
so give me a credit, please, because I didn't receive the class.
Apr 15, 2023
28 English lessons
very nice lesson
Apr 6, 2023
12 English lessons
Feb 9, 2023
4 English lessons
Gina is professional and patient. Really appreciate her effort
Nov 2, 2022
28 English lessons
My kid's feedback: Gina's lesson was wonderful. Asking for more lessons with Gina.