From DenmarkLiving in Padua, Italy (20:02 UTC+02:00)
italki teacher since May 22, 2023
Interest topicFoodMedical & HealthcareTravel
Hello I´m Marianne.
- Born and raised in Northern part of Denmark
- Married to John for alomost 24 years, two marvellous teenage boys, 15 and 17 years old
- 2019 moved to Katowice, Poland
- 2023 moved to Padova, Italy
- Learning West African Pidin, and soon Italian.
- I´m connected to an English speaking community. English is my daily language. Litterally I have friends from EVERYWHERE in the world! I´m in contact with many different cultures, languages and the best bonus - their food.
Meeting new people, language, cultures and life stories is for me an essential part of my life. And my teaching.
Me as a Teacher
- Keywords - motivation and interests. And ´HYGGE´ = relaxed atmosphere and teaching adjusted to your pace of learning.
- I have home schooled my boys with great succes. Experienced how 1-to-1 teaching makes the whole difference. My oldest son already passed his exam and now study to become an interior architect.
- I tailor your lessons specific for your needs - with or without books, conversation training, learning by visual aids etc. You decide.
As my friends are all speaking English with their own accent, it helped me to tune in my ears to understand English in many variation. So don´t hestitate to book a lesson, no matter where you are from in the world.
My lessons & teaching style
I´m a student myself. Learning West African Pidgin. So I´m completely on your side when it comes to understanding all your frustrations and JOY of learning a new language. Let´s start the journey together.
Knowledge about food, sense og humour and culture is required to understand a new language. So all this I´ll try to include in my teaching.
As I have experience both as a mum and a teacher, I´ll also LOVE to help your child if he/she is in need of additional help understanding Danish grammar or reading. In Dansih called "Lektiehjælp".
Child or adult, Danish or foreigner. Everyone is welcome. I cannot wait to meet up with you and hear more.
My teaching material
20 lessons completed
A1 - B2General56 lessons completed
Based on your timezone (UTC+00:00)
4 Danish lessons
Thank you for this lovely lesson today ms. Marianne.
I don't know how you do it, but all my stress is gone and I am beginning to enjoy our time together!!! Thank you...
Mange tak, ms. Marianne...
Sep 21, 2023
3 Danish lessons
Super patient teacher, with a welcoming atmosphere for learning! Looking forward to the next lesson already :)
Sep 15, 2023
7 Danish lessons
Marianne is doing a great job teaching my 10 year old daughter danish. Can highly recommend her
Sep 10, 2023
Natalia de Silvio
2 Danish lessons
Marianne er meget søde og hjælpsom. Vi har haft nogle hyggelige samtale. Tak!
Sep 24, 2023
3 Danish lessons
Amazing teacher, really patient and kind, looking forward to more lessons upcoming!
Sep 8, 2023
1 Danish lesson
The lesson was fun and interesting and great conversation practice.