Nastya
True or false Russian writer Yevgeny Petrov (one of the author of “12 chairs” and “Golden Calf”) had some interesting collection. He collected the envelopes, but not all, from his own letters. Maybe it was impossible, but Petrov invented method: wrote abroad and invented all – and city, and street, and house, and name, and surname. Of course, after one-two months letters came back, painted beautiful print “The wrong target”. In spring in 1939 Petrov decided to receive envelope from New Zealand. He invented address: Haydberdvill city, street Raytbich, house number 7; and name - Meryl Eugene Weasley. And He came up with the following letter: “Dear Meryl! I express my condolences to you for the death of Uncle Pete. Hold on, buddy! And I m sorry, that I havn t answered to you for a long time. How is Ingrid? Kiss your daughter, she is probably quite grown. I look forward to hearing from you. Yevgeny. A month passed, second, third, but letter didn t come back. Petrov have forgotten about this yet. But in the end of summer he suddenly received answer from New Zealand. Having read the return address, writer was in shock – there was “Meryl Eugene Weasley, New Zealand, Haydberdvill city, street Raytbich, house number 7”. Stood stamp of the post office, confirming the sender. But most amazing of all was the contents of the envelope. Text of the letter was: “Dear Yevgeny! Thank you for your sympathy. Uncle Pete died completely ridiculous, and this tragedy knocked off balance our family for the whole six months. That s why, I havn t written you for a long time. But I and Ingrid don t forget you and there three days, which you spent with us. Gloria really grown, but she doesn t part Russian bear, which you brought her. Meryl. ” But it was not all. Petrov found photo in envelope, he was in the arms of a strange man on this photo. When he saw date on the photo, he was in shock – 9 of October last year. In this day last year he was in a hospital. He was seriously ill with pneumonia and a few days the doctors literally dragged him from the dead... Yevgeny Petrov never believed in any mystique, and so he immediately wrote to the New Zealand again. But he didn t wait for an answer. The War began in Europe and Petrov became war correspondent with the first days. By the way, his colleague said, that after he received this letter, he (jokester) become dark and closed and stopped to joke at all…