woniee
Miryang's Famous Sights for Photograph: Beautiful reflection of Wiyang Pond I've gone around each region in South Korea, and saw dozens of sceneries, but on seeing, 'Wiyang Pond' in Miryang what came to my mind was 'Awesome!'. How can it give such a lovely and perfect reflection? It looked like a replica of nature created on the surface. Miryang has steady stream of photographers thanks to its scenery. Also it was the location of a film Cheongpung Myeongwol and a drama Arang-Satto Jeon. I visited several areas famous for photographing. The first area is the 'Wiyang Pond' I mentioned in the beginning. This place shows its splendor with bloomed flowers of fringe trees, and also around this time of year, it is crowded with many people to see this view. By the way, when I visited Wiyang pond in mid May, it was tranquil as never before. Flowers of fringe trees have already fallen off; it wasn't like what it used to be. Spring flowers of this year bloomed ten days earlier than other times because of rising temperature. It would be the cause of early blooming of fringe tree flowers. It was a shame that I missed the blooming time. But thanks to this, I could see different scenery of Wiyang pond. It made me keep admiring to view lovely leafy walks, stretching reservoir, and another nature mirrored on the surface, scenery of Wiyang pond from various angles. The time of Wiyang pond which it was first built is Silla era; it was about 2 km in circumference. Like many reservoirs at that time, Wiyang pond was for agriculture as well, but it was constructed elaborately with such things as artificial island and big willow trees and fringe trees planted around. Its current circumference has reduced to about 1 km. Walking down this path, you would meet genuine appearance of Wiyang pond enveloped behind flowers of fringe trees. The most amicable time for a photograph in Wiyang is when there's no wind and all surrounding landscapes are submerged into the still surface in the morning. And wanjaejeong(완재정, 宛在亭) built by descendant of Andong Gweon clan in 1900's is just icing on the cake.