Manfred
Homework 1 EG, Unit 4, Exercises 4.1, 4.2 Exercises 4.1 Put the verbs into the correct form, present continuous or present simple. 1. Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat? (want) 2. Don't put the dictionary away. I am using it. (present continuous) 3. Don't put the dictionary away. I need it. (present simple) 4. Who is that man? What is he want? (present continuous, not normally used verb 'want') 5. Who is that man? Why is he looking at us? (present continuous) 6. Alan says he's 80 years old, but nobody believe him. (present continuous, not normally used verb 'believe') 7. She told me her name, but I don't remember it now. (present continuous, not normally used verb 'remember') 8. I thinking of selling my car. (considering) Would you be interested in buying it? 9. I think you should sell your car. (it's an opinion) You are not using it very often. (present continuous) 10. Air consist mainly of nitrogen and oxygen. (present simple, general truth?) 4.2 Use the words in brackets to make sentences. 1. You don't seem very happy today. 2. What are you doing? Be quiet! I'm thinking. 3. To whom does this umbrella belong to? I have no idea. 4. The dinner smells good. 5. Excuse me. Is anybody sitting there? No, it's free. 6. These gloves do not fit me. They're too small.
1

Homework 1 EG, Unit 4, Exercises 4.1, 4.2

Exercises
4.1
Put the verbs into the correct form, present continuous or present simple.

1. Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat? (want)
2. Don't put the dictionary away. I am using it. (present continuous)
3. Don't put the dictionary away. I need it. (present simple)
4. Who is that man? What does he want? (present continuous, not normally used verb 'want') (It's present simple, because 'want' isn't used with present continuous)
5. Who is that man? Why is he looking at us? (present continuous)
6. Alan says he's 80 years old, but nobody believes him. (present continuous, not normally used verb 'believe') (nobody is 3rd person singular, so we add 's' in Present Simple)
7. She told me her name, but I don't remember it now. (present continuous, not normally used verb 'remember') (It's present simple)
8. I am thinking of selling my car. (considering) Would you be interested in buying it? (You forgot the auxiliary verb am)
9. I think you should sell your car. (it's an opinion) You don't use it very often. (present continuous) (present simple is usually used with 'often')
10. Air consists mainly of nitrogen and oxygen. (present simple, general truth?) (You are right it's general tuth, however you forgot ending 's' in 3rd person singular)

4.2 Use the words in brackets to make sentences.
1. You don't seem very happy today.
2. What are you doing? Be quiet! I'm thinking.
3. To whom does this umbrella belong to? I have no idea.
4. The dinner smells good.
5. Excuse me. Is anybody sitting there? No, it's free.
6. These gloves do not fit me. They're too small.

Exercises
4.1

4. Who is that man? What is he want? (present continuous, not normally used verb 'want')
6. Alan says he's 80 years old, but nobody believe him. (present continuous, not normally used verb 'believe')
7. She told me her name, but I don't remember it now. (present continuous, not normally used verb 'remember')
8. I thinking of selling my car. (considering) Would you be interested in buying it?
9. I think you should sell your car. (it's an opinion) You are not using it very often. (present continuous)
10. Air consist mainly of nitrogen and oxygen. (present simple, general truth?)

1. You don't seem very happy today.
4. The dinner smells good.
Can you tell me which book this is from, please?