sophia
If someone says to you: Sorry to trouble you. Which one is the proper reply to it? A.It is a pleasure. B. No, I don't mind at all. C. I don't think so. D. I am sorry.
Apr 27, 2011 6:49 AM
It is probably worth noting that while "No, I don't mind at all" is correct, typically native speakers will not respond so formally. Depending on where the person comes from you are likely to hear responses such as: "It's fine" "It's ok" "Not a problem" However, as janee mentioned if someone is busy the response will likely be negative.
April 27, 2011
Out of the choices you have given the best reply to 'sorry to trouble you' is B) No, I don't mind at all. But actually we would most likely respond with ' Don't worry, it's no trouble at all 'Sorry to trouble' you is often used before making a request. In this case the response would be 'No problem, how can I help you'. You can also say 'sorry to bother you'.
April 27, 2011
I think the answer is: "Nothing, do not make excuses. Please."
April 27, 2011
B. No, I don't mind at all.
April 27, 2011
I would reply : "Don't worry"
sophia
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean