Mila Raido
HOW TO NAME THE PERSON LIVING IN THE UK ? How to name a person who has lived 30 years in London? How to name the person living in the UK? Отличается ли слова мужского и женского рода? Например, я - МОСКВИЧКА, Ринат - МОСКВИЧ.
Oct 11, 2012 1:05 PM
Answers · 17
For someone who lives in the UK you can also use "Englishman"
October 11, 2012
Someone who lives in London is a Londoner. Someone who lives in the UK is a Briton. (Or, informally, a Brit).
October 11, 2012
As a person who lives in London, I call myself a Londoner, English or British, depending on who I'm talking to. More than 50% of people living in London are not English, so they might still say they are Russian, French, Spanish, Scottish etc, even if they've been here for years and years. However, I think anyone living in London can call themselves a Londoner :)
October 11, 2012
Neal ! Ваш ответ я называю исчерпывающим! Синонимы к слову "ИСЧЕРПЫВАЮЩИЙ" - подробный, полный, всесторонний; всеисчерпывающий, использующий, истощающийся, законченный, обстоятельный, доскональный, пространный, доскональнейший. Благодарю, вас!
October 11, 2012
Susan, позвольте ваш ответ поставить публично. Although English are British, not all British are English :-) I am from the UK, and I'm British, but I'm not English, I'm Scottish :-) It's a common mistake.
October 11, 2012
Show more
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!