Anotherworld
I wonder what "It's shorter" means? CUT TO LORELAI'S BEDROOM [Lorelai is asleep in bed. Rory, dressed in her Chilton uniform, opens the door to the room and sees that she's still sleeping.] RORY: Mom! LORELAI: [wakes up startled] What? God! Hi. RORY: What are you doing? LORELAI: Having a heart attack. RORY: I thought you were up. It's 7:10! LORELAI: What? RORY: It's 7:10! LORELAI: No. RORY: [grabs her pillow] It's 7:10! LORELAI: [grabs the pillow back] Stop it! It's a quarter to six. RORY: No, it's not! LORELAI: Yes, it is! I set the clock for a quarter to six so it's. . . [Rory grabs the clock and shows her the time.] LORELAI: It's 7:10! Dammit. [Lorelai climbs out of bed and looks around for her robe] RORY: I can't be late on my first day of school. Do you know what happens to people when they're late on their first day? LORELAI: It's shorter? I wonder what "It's shorter" means? Why did Lorelai say like this? Please help me! Thanks!
May 27, 2013 3:21 AM
1
0
Ha! I know what show this is from. The "it" is referring to the day of school. She is jokingly saying that people who are late to school will have a shorter school day (because they are late). It's the answer that is too obvious (Rory means to imply that late students are treated poorly). Hope that helps.
Anotherworld