Just like any other language, there are many idioms. At this moment I can only remember these:
- Borrón y cuenta nueva: It means that the misunderstanding or problem will be forgotten and then star again as if nothing had happened.
- Echar sal en la herida: It refers to when a person is suffering or in a difficult situation, and then something happen making the situation even worse.
-Ahogarse en un vaso de agua: It refers when someone sees the problem bigger than it appears.
- Tirar la toalla: It means "quit" or "give up".
- Ponerse las pilas: means stop being indifferent or inactive at any situation or activity, and take an active part in the matter being treated.
- Estar en la luna/Estar en las nubes: It refers to someone who is very absent-minded.
- Hacer castillos en el aire: It refers to a person that spends a lot of time daydreaming about things that are far from the reality, or rather impossible to achieve.
- Coger con las manos en la masa: It happens when someone is caught while doing something reprehensible.
- La gota que derramó el vaso: It refers to the last one of a series of problems that have led you to the limit of your patience.