Weiyang Luo
What are said in this video from 3:39 to 3:60? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_f6DMxH9PU A:after two wins I think we need to (weep it open?(what does this mean?)) B:(It needs to give it to the girls?)that they actually have a chance to win. A:But the girls (....)a lot last time ,didn't they? C:(I think it's going to be)catfights or (handbags in dawn). Lady A:I think they think we're weak. Lady B:they do. LA:we're not LB;we had a good night sleep last night we should all be on the(bulk?)(what does on the bulk mean here?) I especially have problems with words in brackets. Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
Mar 14, 2014 2:02 AM
You never pick easy ones! They speak very fast and possibly make mistakes themselves as they try to explain thoughts and feelings in this charged moment. But I think they say the following. after two wins I think we need to (not sure here, maybe keep it open , but I really can't tell either) BWe need to give it to the girls?) (You have this correct in meaning, give some credit to the girls, although I don't know why he says that) that they actually have a chance to win. A:But the girls improved a lot in the last half, didn't they? I don't know whether it's going to be catfights or handbags at dawn. a play on the old dueling term, pistols at dawn where people would shoot at each other at dawn with pistols over a slight to their honor. In this case the women hit with handbags which you might see in some women-women fights) Lady A:I think they think we're weak. Lady B:they do. LA:we're not LB;we had a good night sleep last night we should all be on the(bulk?) I think she said boat. There is a common saying, "to miss the boat" usually meaning you missed an opportunity. In this case they made the boat so they have a chance or opportunity.
Weiyang Luo