I'm British and here are my answers:
1) Yes, where possible
2) Indoor can include going to the cinema, eating in restaurants, visiting pubs, or staying in a house with friends
3) Yes very much, we don't have very many hot sunny days here so people try to make the best use of them when they arrive, visiting parks, having barbeques or going on trips to the beach.
4) Yes, mainly dogs, cats, some rodents (hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils), and fish.
5) Yes, I personally love to read, but wish I spent more time doing it, I usually manage to read a lot when on holiday
6) Meeting up with friends usually
7) Depends on the age of the children, when I was young we would always go out together, to parks, for walks in the forest, to go swimming etc, but now that myself and my brother are both in our 20's we spend less time with our parents at weekends, and more with our friends.
Hope this is helpful!