Aii
Is this a distinct dialect or something like that? Hi, I have a question...about the way the man who has possessed by an ancient woman ghost speaks... One of the characters in a TV show always says things like; - Go away, "youse" - I got plenty more bullets, "me". - You sound like a___ man, "you". Is this a distinct dialect or something like that? I thought that's cute. I would greatly appreciate your opinion.
True Blood, isn't it? :) Just looking quickly, they all speak with a southern US accent - the show is set in Louisiana. These are fairly common habits in a number of dialects. My Australian grandma habitually said "youse" (actually, "youse was..."!). Teachers would correct us at school by saying "Youse (ewes) are sheep." The me/you at the end of the phrases are just for emphasis. Here's a rewrite in standard English. "I've got plenty more bullets, I have!" "You sound like a white man, you do."
Hi, Ai. Yes, it's a dialect. 'Youse' is common as a plural 'you' in several dialects. The use of 'me' and 'you' for emphasis at the end of sentences is also common. Actually, all three of these are features of the dialect of the region I come from but are not unique to there. Which show is this from?