Teacher Beth
Professional Teacher
What is the best way to tell someone to get a life in Chinese? I just wrote a new piece about the self proclaimed online grammar police types. In it I said that they needed to get a life, but the only way I could think to translate it was 去找一个生活. I'm sure this is wrong and there are probably some great ways of saying 'get a life' to someone in Chinese, so please share! If you were going to tell someone to 'get a life', how would you express it?
You could say "做点有益的事(吧)" or "振作起来"
去找点事做
i researched "get a life" phrase on baidu .. and all of the translations have positive meanings ... "get a life" also has a negative meaning and that is ... 走开 = to go somewhere else,滚=to take a hike; Get lost!; 滚开=Get out!; Go away!; fuck off;
I am not sure what the context this phrase was used. I think maybe you can say 好好生活,which means to get a real colourful life.