Please help me answer this question!! How can I call wind that blow backward? Does "Backward wind" exist? If not, could you please tell me what is it called? Thanks
Nov 26, 2014 9:48 AM
Answers · 2
If you are travelling forwards and a wind is blowing against you, coming from the opposite direction, it is a "headwind". This kind of wind slows you down. The opposite kind of wind which comes from behind you and is blowing in the direction of travel, is a "tailwind". This kind of wind speeds you up. Winds coming from the left or right as you are travelling are called "crosswinds". I hope this answers your question. Kind regards, Michael
November 26, 2014
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, Japanese, Khmer (Cambodian)
Learning Language
English, Japanese