Milka
Can you say me the rule!!! What to use after as......as. Thanks for answers For example, what should I use here? I am as tall as my mother is or I am as tall as my mother I am as short as he is or I am as short as he Could you explain I didn't find any rule about it
First, you can ask by saying "Can you tell me...?" I am as tall as my mother. I am as tall as my mother is. I am as short as him I am as short as he is. I am as short as he. All are acceptable, but the ones on top are used more.
Here is a page dealing with comparisons of equality. It is kind of long, but really explains it well. Hope this is helpful for you. http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/comparison-comparisons-of-equality-as-tall-as-his-father
Tough question. In both cases both sentences are fine, but to my native speaker ear I'd follow a different pattern for them I'd say, I am as tall as my mother, but, I am as tall as he is. In everyday speech, you will often hear, I am as tall as him, which isn't strictly correct.
Milka