Robin
the derogratory form of talkative I have some words to express the derogratory form of talkative. I'd like to ask if all of them are used correctly. (1)wordy you are wordy/ you are a wordy guy. this article is wordy. (2)windy or long-winded you are too windy or long-winded. you are a windy or long-winded guy. this article is windy or long-winded. -------------- Can you tell me the way you talk about "derogratory form", I dont think it sounds natural, so how would you say it? Thanks a lot for your helps!
"Derogatory form" is a good description of what you want. You could also say "negative form" or "the way to say XXX with a negative connotation" "Wordy" isn't used to describe people, but the writing itself. It isn't used with talking. It's a bit negative, but not too much. "Long winded" is for the person and their speech. It is negative and I think what you are looking for.
Robin
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Japanese
English, French, Japanese