the derogratory form of talkative I have some words to express the derogratory form of talkative. I'd like to ask if all of them are used correctly. (1)wordy you are wordy/ you are a wordy guy. this article is wordy. (2)windy or long-winded you are too windy or long-winded. you are a windy or long-winded guy. this article is windy or long-winded. -------------- Can you tell me the way you talk about "derogratory form", I dont think it sounds natural, so how would you say it? Thanks a lot for your helps!
Nov 29, 2014 2:56 PM
Answers · 4
"Derogatory form" is a good description of what you want. You could also say "negative form" or "the way to say XXX with a negative connotation" "Wordy" isn't used to describe people, but the writing itself. It isn't used with talking. It's a bit negative, but not too much. "Long winded" is for the person and their speech. It is negative and I think what you are looking for.
November 29, 2014
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Japanese
Learning Language
English, French, Japanese