Dylan
To like? How would one translate ¨to like¨ into German, in the romantic, not-quite-love sense? As in, have a crush on? How would you say that?
Dec 1, 2014 10:52 PM
to like = mögen For example: Ich mag dich (sehr). (I like you (very much).) It's an universal word and can be used in almost every context. But if you, as a female, say this to a male friend, it's not unambiguous whether you mean "love" or "friend zone". If a male (non-gay) friend says "Ich mag dich" to you, it is very likely that he is interested in a relationship. If a (young) female wants to express something that's more than friendship but yet not love, she rather says something like: "Ich glaube, ich mag dich ein bisschen" (I think I like you a little bit) or "Ich glaube, ich bin ein bisschen in dich verliebt" (I think I have a little crush on you).
December 1, 2014
I have a crush on you: "Ich bin in dich verknallt" I love you (very much): Ich liebe dich (sehr) I love you (very/so much): Ich habe dich (doll) lieb
December 17, 2014
Dylan
Danish, English, Estonian, French, German
Danish, French, German