1. Duration of time: We walked for two hours.
2. Distance: I walked for five kilometers.
3. Purpose: I bought this jacket for you / meet for lunch
4. In the direction of: She left for New York.
5. In favor of: We are for the proposal.
6. Considering: The boy is clever for his age.
1. In the direction of: Turn to the right.
2. Destination: I am going to Rome.
3. Until: from Monday to Friday / five minutes to ten
4. Compared with: They prefer hockey to soccer
5. With indirect object: Please give it to me.
6. As part of infinitive: I like to ski / he wants to help.
7. In order to: We went to the store to buy soap.