海宝2010
what does "live up to the hype"mean? She welcomed his mouth, his hands, but eased away. “First things first,” she said, drawing him through the house. “What you need is a big glass of water and a couple aspirin. Hydration and hangover anticipation. And I’m going to have a glass of wine so you’re not so far ahead of me.” “Fair enough. I really want to tear your clothes off.” He blocked her, shoved her back against the counter. “Just tear them off because I know what’s under them, and it drives me crazy.” “Looks like we’re going to get to the kitchen floor this time.” With his teeth at her throat, she dropped her head back. “I think it’s going to live up to the hype.” “Just let me . . . wait.” “Oh, sure, now it’s wait after you’ve—” “Wait.” He set her aside, his face stony now. She followed his gaze to the alarm panel.
1
1
"Hype" is when people say very good things about something. To "live up to the hype" is when you experience this thing and it is just as good as people said it would be. For example, "Everyone said that band was great in concert, and when I saw them last night they lived up to the hype—it was a great show!"
海宝2010