apres moi
Sometimes I don't know whether to put the particle 了 after "太 + adjective"。 I learned a structure "太。。。了", but I also come across "太。。。"(without any 了)。 That's why I often get confused. Can anyone help me to understand when we use 了 and when we do not?
I can explain by examples. With 了:it can express complaint or compliment. 1.The house stinks so much! 房子太味儿了(太臭了)! It's obviously a complaint. 2. Her voice is so lovely~ 她的声音太好听了~ And it's an obvious compliment. 3. The house is so/too big. 房子太大了! big is a neutral word. How can we know it express what? In this case, it express complaint, negative comment. Here it means excessive. If you want a compliment,we say 房子真大! Same as 太小了,太高了 《— negative without了:I think in most cases it also express complaint. I often hear it from adults. but they are mainly the same. I think it's the tone.if you are a Chinese, you don't add 了,we can also read your complaint by your tone. But you better add 了 to emphAsize if you want to make sure them know you are not okay with something. -您对我们的房子还满意吗? -嗯,总体说还行,就是厨房…嗯…太大。 (maybe it's an indirect way of complaint? To be polite? It is just my guess.)
As a Chinese teacher and native speaker, I want to tell you that they are the same. I cannot think of the situation that we could only use this one but not the other. Only pay attention that 太好了tàihǎole is a fixed phrase which means 'that's great'. Here we cannot say 太好 tàihǎo.
краще завжди вживати 太...了.... якщо можна, напишіть речення у якому 太було вжито без 了
thank you, Kin!
apres moi
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Russian, Ukrainian