Kim
Do you know how American babies start to talk? My question is a little bit vague. But I think babies born in English speaking countries begin to talk based on some language learning system procedure step by step. Is there anybody who can share your information? Any book, material, etc, or your experience? Thank you
3
0
We don't use any special system to teach children how to learn English. They learn it naturally by copying the adults around them, makings lots of mistakes while talking, and repeating the whole process for many years. I'm sure it's exactly the same in all other languages.
Paul is right. There's no "system." They learn naturally, just like in other places. The book that Alan mentioned is about how humans naturally acquire language. It's not about any system of the US or anywhere else.
There's a wonderful book by Steven Pinker called "The Language Instinct" on that very subject. It's wonderfully-written, but of course the topic is complex and therefore the English isn't easy. It's a very popular book, so it should be easy to find, maybe even a translated version in Korean.
Kim