Marshall
jer, dig, & du? I understand how dig & du is used but I don't understand jer. When/how is it used? Also what's the difference between børn & børne
'jer' is you in plural :) so more than one person. børn: children børne: E.g børne-menu - children-menu hope it helped :)
Emilia Pretty much nailed it with her answer, but I thought I'd add that you'd use 'du' and 'dig' the same way you'd use 'I' and 'jer', except du/dig is similar while I/jer is plural. As a native English speaker, this was something I also struggled with for a while, haha. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is how I understand it, at least.
The difference between "I" (note that it is capital i) and "jer" is that "I" is the subject in a sentence and "jer" is the direct object. E.g.: What are you doing tonight? - Hvad laver I i aften? Can I visit you tonight? - Kan jeg besøge jer i aften? And there should be no hyphen in the example with "børnemenu" :)
Marshall
Danish, English, Gaelic (Scottish)
Danish, Gaelic (Scottish)