Marco
what does القبة mean in this context ? Hi, can somebody help me understand the meaning of the word القبة in the context of this sentence : في هذه المرة قامت أمي ولبست ثيابها، وقبل أن تجلس قريباً من القبة ومعها صرة ملابسها كان أبي وخالي قد اتفقا على حل The only meaning i have found for it on the dictionaries is "dome" but i think in this context it would not be appropriate. Thank you in advance !!
في هذه المرة قامت أمي ولبست ثيابها، وقبل أن تجلس قريبًا من القبة ومعها صرة ملابسها كان أبي وخالي قد اتفقا على حل: This time, my mother got up and wore her clothes, and before she sits near the dome with her clothes bundle, my father and uncle had agreed on a solution. هذا الرجل يجلس عند عتبة دارنا: This man is sitting on our doorstep. Marco: the second sentence says it's a house for sure and not a tent. Take a look at how the old houses were built from the mud with domes: https://goo.gl/b64w9N
Yeah, it means cupola or dome. And also means : The small tent with curved top "ceiling".
Excuse me , Marco Is this woman in the story live in the house or in a tent ? Because the woman if she lived in a tent,, be here meaning dome tent also said Ahmad But if she lived in the house be dome is the Dome of the House and this was a system in ancient peasant houses in the past I agree with the opinion of Ahmed because it appropriately in the context of the sentence I hope to be useful Thank you
Marco
Arabic, English, Italian
Arabic, English