Please help me to translate I translate one article about studing at the Cambridge University and can't correctly translate one sentance: " The college was built in the grounds of the Grove, a splendid Regency house which is now part of the college and has plenty of grass areas, where student can relax between lessons." I can't find Russian equivalent the "Regency house" because I can't find any information about that. Could you write a small history about that place or definition? Thank you very much!
Feb 12, 2016 1:38 PM
Answers · 2
Regency is a style of architecture. Here's a link to the Wikipedia page about it: The Regency period of British history was from 1811 to 1820, when the Prince Regent - later George IV - ruled in the place of his father, George III. The king was still alive but too mad to be trusted with affairs of state.
February 12, 2016
Thank you for your help!!!
February 13, 2016
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, German, Russian
Learning Language
English, German