Serhat
Big Numbers I'm going to join MUN(Model United Nations) but I've forgotten the numbers in English. Because, I'm taking japanese courses. I am confused about numbers. 1965 - We read it like "nineteen sixty five" 2016- We read it like "two thousand and sixteen" 6852- But how do we read it? 360 - it can be read like "three sixty" and "three hundred and sixty". What's the difference between them? Is "three sixty" informal?
6852 - six thousand, eight hundred and fifty two. 360 - best as three hundred and sixty. Three sixty can also refer to $3.60 (three dollars and sixty cents).
6852 would be read as six thousand eight hundred fifty two. 360 is actually three hundred sixty. However, three sixty became a popular slang term for this number. There is even a company whose name is 360 (three sixty) as a result of this slang use. Because a full circle contains 360 degrees, a popular expression in the U.S. emerged for spinning in a circle. It is "to do a three sixty." I think that this may be its origin.
Serhat
English, French, Japanese, Turkish
English, French, Japanese