ruby
Does "industrializer" a legitable word? I read it in a sentence, but I can't check it out in dictionary.
I have never heard or read this word before. I looked for a definition in reputable dictionaries (dictionaries with a good reputation), and did not find this word in any of the dictionaries. I did find the word used in a paper from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), but that does not make it a legitimate word. Industrialize (US) / Industrialise (Br)... verb - industrialize means to start the production of something in a large-scale business or in a manufacturing plant. - to make industrial; establish or develop industrialism / to organize as an industry - (of a country) To develop industry; to become industrial. - (of a product) To manufacture on an industrial scale or using industrial methods. - (of a process) To organize along industrial lines. Here are some unofficial definitons of "industrializer (US) industrialiser (Br): - a person who starts an industry - a country that industrializes their economy **************************************************************** Personally, I would not use the noun "industrializer"; I would use the verb "industrialize". **************************************************************** Ruby (Does) IS "industrializer" a (legitable) LEGITIMATE word? I read it in a sentence, but I can't (check it out) FIND IT in A/ANY dictionary.
I can't say I've come across it myself, but it's obviously a back formation on a regular pattern from the established word "industrialize". Thus, someone who industrializes. (What isn't a legitimate word is "legitable", though!)
ruby