Kevin
Difference between "ski track/trail/run/slope" Hi, I was just wondering how to translate "piste de ski" (French) into English when I realized there were many possibilities: Ski track, ski trail, ski run, ski slope Could you tell me what makes these terms different and what would be more commonly used? For example if you're going to a ski resort during your holidays / or / if you're a professional skier and it's your sport, what would you say they're skiing on? Thank you.
Dec 1, 2016 1:26 PM
Hey Kevin, They all essentially mean the same thing, however you don't often hear 'ski tracks'. Ski trail/run can refer to specific paths down a mountain you will see on the trail map. Someone could ask "Which trail/run did you come down?" "That was a difficult trail/run". Slope is similar but typically more vague, and in my experience refers to the mountain as a whole. You'll hear something like "How were the slopes today?", "I'm heading to the slopes this weekend" Hope this helps.
December 1, 2016
Hi l want to be your friends , can l ?
December 1, 2016
Kevin
English, Filipino (Tagalog), French, Gaelic (Irish), Norwegian
English, Filipino (Tagalog), Gaelic (Irish), Norwegian