emar
What should I say if I need to repeat what someone told me to do to be sure I understood? After listening to instructions, I wannt to know if I understood.what's the phrase? Let me say it back/ Let me repeat it to you to see if I got it right. Any others? Thanks a lot
Dec 2, 2016 7:00 PM
Hello! To make sure you understood correctly, you can also say: "I want to see if I understood well: ..." ”Let me see if I understood this correctly” ”Correct me if I`m wrong" "Let me get this straight" (Usually, in a conversation, after these phrases, people say what they understood from the other person using different words.) I hope this helps! :)
December 2, 2016
Both would get you there, though the second is better to my ear. If what you have heard is long, you could say (paraphrasing): 'Let me make sure I understand....you want me to...' for example.
December 2, 2016
emar