Is there any specific term to discribe the person who cry too much and too easily? I remember I heard a word like this but I couldn't find it .. Another question, is this ⇑⇑ sentence structure correct?
Dec 4, 2016 12:31 AM
Answers · 8
Lachrymose "I remember hearing a word like this but I can't find it now."
December 4, 2016
Jerry's answer is right on the button, i.e. exactly correct. Lachrymose means someone who cries a lot. But you might also use sentimental. A sentimental person feels things strongly, sometimes too strongly, so they tend to cry easily, for example at romantic or sad movies. Lachrymose is an uncommon word almost never used in common conversation... it's restricted primarily to writing.
December 4, 2016
Cry-baby? Sniveller? Moaner?
December 4, 2016
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
Amharic, Arabic, English
Learning Language
Amharic, English