Zach
On this website, the first part lists the (supposed) 3 ways that a verb infinitive can end. http://learningrussian.net/games_verbs_grammar.php I am lost though because the 3rd example clearly doesn't end in what it says it does.
Damn right, I quite forgot about these forms of verbs... It seems, on this page: http://masterrussian.com/verbs/verbs_of_motion.htm the matter is presented a little more informatively.
I must confirm that the first thing to come to my mind when I read about 'verbs ending with -ти' is Old Russian, modern dialects, folk songs and related lnagauges too:))) Нести and везти and вести are very common verbs... but irregular. So they don't come to mind easily.
About Alexey's answer. "Ь" in "-ть"once was и. Obviously, in many dialects and related languages (like Ukrainian) it is retained. So we hear it in some folk songs too. In the verbs I listed above и in -тИ is Stressed.
Zachary, it is a mistake. нести, плести, брести, везти, пасти, трясти... there is a bunch of verbs with -ти, but the wast majority of Russian verbs ends with -ть. I don't know why they illustrated -ти wiht любить:))))))))))
I hope I'll not complicate the matter with my translation) The ending in -ТИ is non-typical for modern Russian but very often meets in Russian folklore, especially in songs. For example: "... Они думали-гадали, как с той древой быти, как с той древой быти, как её рубити ...". (It's necessary to note that in modern Russian the word "древо" -- "a tree" -- has the middle genus, but in the part of that song the word "древа" has the feminine genus). So, if you'll meet the ending of infinitive in -ТИ, don't be surprise, because it's just the ancient form of ending in -ТЬ.
Zach
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Latin, Russian, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), German, Latin