我將"乾脆"一詞在不同的context裡表現的意思放進了quoting mark, 你參考看看:
1.These questions can be answered "without thinking".
2. Why don't we "just" go to the theater to see it?
3. Why don't you "just" quit?
4. Since I'm going fishing, I'll "just" offer you a day off.
5. He faced the problem "straightforwardly".
6. Peel them before eating. If you don't do so, you should "rather" don't eat them.
7. The report "easily" put the blame on the train driver over the accident.
8. Change your job "then", if they fire you.
9. I don't feel like smoking anymore. I'll "just" quit smoking.
10. When these don't work, we're "just" not holding a drill.
Most of the time, "乾脆" is more of an intensifier. It implies a concept of "without doubt', but its meaning varies depending on the context.
When you're speaking of someone who is a straightforward person, "乾脆" is an adjective.