Evita
Can anyone correct my Indonesian? Thanks Can anyone correct the following sentences, please? Can you help me? - Bisakah anda membantuku? I want to practice my Indonesian, both writing and speaking. - Saya inging latihan bahasa Indonesia saya, kedua berbicara dan menulis. Maybe I can visit you next week? - Mungkin saya bisa mengunjungimu minggu depan? Whenever you want / it suits you. - Kapan anda mau. You don't have to if you it doesn't suit you. - Tidak harus jika anda tidak punya waktu. We can meet a different time. - Kami bisa bertemu berbeda waktu. Don't tell my mom we practice Indonesian, okay? - Jangan bilang mamaku, kita latihan bahasa Indonesia iya. I can't hear you very well. - Saya tidak mendangarmu. Call me (back) when you can. - Kamu meneleponku (kembali) ketika anda biasa. The connection is very bad. - Koneksi buruk. Please, can you repeat? - Tonlong, bisakah anda bilang lagi? My phone is almost dead. - Telepon saya hampir mati. I need to charge my phone. -Saya membutuh mengisi baterai telepon saya. Last question, I got a response that says "tidak la" with a tumb up icon. Does that mean something like "No, I won't" when asking not to do something. I am not familiar with la. Thank you!
Hi, Evita. I can help correct your sentences, but I only will able to help fix the sentences in the form of daily Bahasa Indonesia (I don't have much knowledge in Formal Indonesia which is used on the government, office, television, and newspaper so I think I should tell this beforehand). So if you wouldn't mind about that here is my thought on your sentences. Can you help me? - Bisakah anda membantuku? My thought: This sentence is fine and Indonesian people will understand it when you say it, but the use of "anda" is too formal in daily conversation. If you want to use this sentences in daily conversation, you can try changing the word "anda" to "kamu", personally I think it sounds less formal compared to the word "anda". I want to practice my Indonesian, both writing and speaking. - Saya inging latihan bahasa Indonesia saya, kedua berbicara dan menulis. My Correction: - Saya ingin mempraktikkan bahasa Indonesia saya, baik dalam penulisan ataupun lisan(formal)/ berbicara(informal). Maybe I can visit you next week? - Mungkin saya bisa mengunjungimu minggu depan? My Thoughts: It seems valid but sounds too rigid. Whenever you want / it suits you. - Kapan anda mau. My thoughts: When you put it that way it sounds like you asked a question (It sounds like "What time do you want?"). Adding -pun on the words "kapan" will make your words sounds like "whenever". It also works in "apa(pun)=what(ever)"; "who(ever)"="siapa(pun)"; "how(ever)"="bagaimana(pun)" and so on (on 5W1H words). You can also try the alternative Kapanpun kamu bisa; Kapanpun kamu mau; Kapanpun anda sempat You don't have to if you it doesn't suit you. - Tidak harus jika anda tidak punya waktu. My Correction: Kamu tidak perlu harus datang jika kamu tidak sempat/ tidak punya waktu. We can meet a different time. - Kami bisa bertemu berbeda waktu. My Correction: Kita bisa bertemu di waktu yang berbeda. "Kami" is possessive pronouns (I think) the same as our, meanwhile "Kita" is the same as "we".
* Can you help me = bisakah anda membantu saya? * I want to practise my indonesian, both writing and speaking = Saya ingin belajar bahasa Indonesia, Menulis dan Berbicara * Maybe I can visit you next week? = Mungkin saya bisa mengunjungimu minggu depan? * Whenever you wants / it suits you = Kapan anda bisa / terserah anda * You don't have if it doesn't suit you = Tidak apa jika anda tidak bisa * We can meet a different time = Kita bisa ketemu di lain waktu * Don't tell my mum we practise indonesian, okay = Jangan beritahu ibumu kita belajar bahasa Indonesia ya * I can't hear you very well = Saya tidak dapat mendengarmu * Call me back when you can = Telepon saya kembali jika bisa * The connection is very bad = Koneksinya sangat buruk * Please can you repeat? = Apakah anda bisa mengulangi kembali? * My phone is almost dead = Telepon saya hampir mati * I need to charge my phone = Saya perlu mengisi baterai telepon saya Tidak is No. And "la" its only suffix