Gabriel Miranda
What's the abbreviation of example? I was studying English some minutes ago and I had to define and make a sentence with the word that I have learned.

Can anyone explain me and give an example ?

Word: meaning

(Abbreviation of example). a phase with the word

Tks...

Hi Gabriel. You can use "e.g." this abreviation means "exempli gratia", a Latin phrase that means "for example". It can be pronounced as "e.g." or "for example": Using in a sentence: You should eat more food that contains a lot of fibre, e.g. fruit, vegetables, and bread.
exempli gratia. is the latin word for example which we abbreviate to e.g. We often use abbreviated Latin words for their precise simplicity e.g. We write 'id est', that is, as i.e. as an explanation for something, ie we wouldn't use this abbreviation in place of e.g. Et ceatera, and the rest, etc. We use etc when we talk about a few things in common like trees, plants, grass etc. This a literary habit from the former use of Latin among educated people.
e.g
Hi Gabriel, great question and I'd love to help you. Before I explain, it appears that there is a missing preposition after the word 'explain'. As opposed to saying "Can anyone explain me" we say "Can anyone explain to me". Having said, the word "meaning" has several definitions. 1. What is meant by a word, text, concept, or action. Or in other words, the word 'meaning' is defined as a definition or sense. For example "The word has several different meanings". 2. What is implied or the significance/message of something. For example, "the song has a hidden meaning" or we can say "the song has a hidden message/significance" Lastly, the abbreviations of the word 'example' are "i.e." and "e.g." You will see these often in English literature and other written work. I hope I have answered your question. Take care!